The Balboa VL404 Topside is usually installed on Spas with a Balboa VS Control System. This system allows the user to select the heating modes based on the preferences and time of the year.
Under this system, there are 3 heating modes available:
1. Standard (St). Preset by default and recommended during winter time. It maintains set temperature and will run the pump every 30 minutes to check the water's temperature and heat if required."St" will be displayed momentarily when you switch into Standard Mode.
2. Economy (Ec). Heats the spa to the set temperature only during filtration cycles. "Ec" will display when water's temperature is not current, and will alternate with water's temperature when the pump is running.
3. Sleep (Sl). Heats the spa to within 20°F/10°C of the set temperature only during filtration cycles. "Sl" will display when water's temperature is not current, and will alternate with water's temperature when the pump is running.
To switch between the different heating modes available, follow instructions below:
1. Press the Temperature button
2. Then, press the Lights button.
3. Keep pressing the same sequence of buttons until the desired heating mode appears on the display ("St", "Ec", "Sl")
To watch a video showing how to set the Heating Modes, click HERE.