Filters are an essential part of the optimal performance of your Hot Tub. Clogged or deteriorated Filters may not only facilitate the growth of bacteria but also may restrict the flow of water being pumped through the system causing permanent damages to main components such as the Heater, Pump, etc. Depending on the use of the Spa, it is recommendable to clean the Filters in a weekly basis and to replace them with brand new Filters every 3-4 months.
To replace your Filters you do not need to shut the Spa power off. Simply follow the steps below.
1. Locate the Filter Housing and proceed to open it by removing 2 screws that hold the Lid in place (no tools are required as they are hand tight). Once removed, make sure to keep the screws in a safe place so they don't get lost.
3. The Pre-Filter Screen is the first step in the Filtration System and helps to catch small debris before they enter into the system. Carefully remove the screen putting it away from the tub making sure that catched debris do not fall into the water.
4. Proceed to remove the Filters by unscrewing them from your Filter Housing (no tools are required as they are hand tight).
5. Install new Filters by screwing them into your Filter Housing. Once both Filters are hand tight, proceed to place a new Pre-Filter Screen on top and keep the second screen included with the new set of filters as spare.
6. To finalize the replacement of your Filters, put the Filter Housing Lid in place and secure it by hand tighting the 2 screws previously removed.
To watch a video showing how to replace the Glacier Microban Filters, click HERE.