This is an instruction guide showing how to open and close the drain valve found on our SE spas.
|NO FLOW||WATER WILL FLOW ONCE CAP IS REMOVED||NO FLOW|
|With the drain valve cap screwed on tightly and the spout pushed all the way in, there will be no water flow from the drain valve.||When the spout has been partially extended so only the threads are showing, it will be able to rotate. This indicates that the water will be able to flow.||Fully extending the drain spout will stop water flow.|
To watch our video tutorial showing how to operate the valve, please click here.
DRAINING YOUR SPA:
1. Start by shutting off the power to the spa (via GFCI plug or circuit breaker).
2. Pull the drain spout until it is fully extended (this will stop the water from flowing out while you attach your garden hose).
3. Screw in the male end of the garden hose to the valve and run the hose to your drain location.
4. When ready, push the valve in until the spout is able to rotate freely and let the water drain out.
5. Once the water has stopped flowing out of the drain valve, you can use a wet/dry vacuum to suck out any remaining water from each jet head.
6. Reapply the drain cap and push the spout all the way in to close.